Planning Department office open by Appointment Only
Please continue to call the office, use the Town Hall Drop Off Box (near the parking lot entrance), regular mail, and email to conduct as much business as possible.
APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE AS FOLLOWS:
- Monday, 9:00 a.m. to Noon, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday through Thursday; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays: No appointments.
Visiting Town Hall / Make an appointment
- Appointments can be made by filling out a Request an Appointment form. Staff will contact you to confirm a date and time.
- Each appointment has a time limit of 15 minutes.
- You will not be admitted without an appointment. No walk-ins permitted.
- No more than one person permitted at the service counter at a time.
- Face coverings and social distancing required.
|Michael Dostoler||Vice Chairman||2022|
|Christella Gonsorcik||Associate Member||2022|
STAFF SUPPORT & Notifications
The Planning Department provides staff support for the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals. If you’d like more information, please visit the Planning Department webpage.
Would you like to receive notification of newly posted agendas and other announcements? Please visit NOTIFY ME to sign up.
The Board typically meets monthly on a Monday evening at 6:30 p.m. or as required.
roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Planning Board are varied and governed by the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and include reviewing submitted plans for the development of land for residential, commercial, and other uses. In addition, the Planning Board is responsible for guiding the process of zoning amendments and updating the Master Plan.
Applications: The Board is responsible for taking action on various applications as outlined in Massachusetts General Law Chapter 40A (Zoning Act), Chapter 81K (Subdivsion Control Act), the Webster Zoning By-Law (Chapter 650) and the Town of Webster Subdivsion Rules and Regulations. Such permits include:
- Special Permit
- Site Plan Approval
- Subivision Plans - Approval Not Required (ANR), Preliminary & Definitive
- Scenic Road
- Chapter 91 - Waterways (recommendation to the State)
Each application has a specific time frame and requirements for submission. Not sure what type of application you need or want to learn more? Please visit the Planning Board Applications webpage.