This webpage has been created for informational and guidance purposes only. Parties seeking to establish such businesses in Webster are required to adhere to all local and State laws and regulations.
On this webpage you will find information and links pertaining to the establishment of marijuana related businesses in Webster including:
- Local Regulations
- Overview of Marijuana Uses Permitted by Local Zoning
- Zoning Map and Parcel Information
- Recreational Marijuana Retail Sales
- Local Process Guidelines & Key Contacts
- Current Marijuana Businesses located in Webster
- General By-Law Chapter 445 - Retail Marijuana General By-Law
- Zoning By-Law Article XIII - Retail Marijuana Zoning By-Law
- Zoning By-Law Article X - Medical Marijuana Faciliites
- Zoning: All other District Regulations, Supplementary Provisions and Site Plan Requirements
- Board of Health Rules & Regulations - Regulation of Marijuana to Prevent Nuisance
- Board of Health Rules & Regulations - Regulation to Ensure the Sanitary and Safe Operations of Marijuana Business and the Sale of Marijuana
- Planning Board - Applications, Submission Dealine / Schedule, Other
|Use||Zoning Districts Allowed||Zoning By-Law Reference|
|Craft Coooperative||I - Industrial||Section 650-20, District 6|
|Cultivation - Medical||B4 - Business with Sewer
I - Industrial
|Section 650-17, District 4
Section 650-20 - Industrial
|Cultivation - Recreational / Retail||I - Industrial||Section 650-20, District 6|
|Independent Testing Laboratory||I - Industrial||Section 650-20, District 6|
|Manufacturing - Product||I - Industrial||Section 650-20, District 6|
|Rsearch Facilities||I - Industrial||Section 650-20, District 6|
|Retail Sales - Medical||B4 - Business with Sewer||Section 650, Article X|
|Retail Sales - Recreational||Recreational Marijuana Retail Sales Overlay District (RMRSOD)||Section 650, Article XIII|
|Marijuana Establishments as an Accessory Use||None; prohibited in all zones||Section 650, Attachment 1: Table of Use Regulations|
|Temporary Moratorium (extened to 12/31/18)||n/a - no longer in effect.||Section 650, Article XII|
Zoning Map and Parcel Information
- Zoning Map Showing All Changes since February 23, 2017 - This map includes all changes that were approved by Town Meeting including the two Recreational Marijuana Retail Sales Overlay District (RMRSOD) locations. It also includes other zoning changes that are relevant to marijuana related uses.
- Recreational Marijuana Retail Sales Overlay District (RMRSOD) Locations - these maps show more detailed information about the parcels approved by Town Meeting through December 2018.
Recreational Marijuana Retail Sales
The number of Marijuana Retailers permitted within the Town of Webster shall be limited to two (2) based upon 20% of retail off-premise alcoholic beverage licenses issued under G.L. c. 183.
Local Process & Key Contacts
Local Processs Guidelines - A guide to the various steps that will be required at the local level.
Key Contacts - this information is included in the Local Process Guidelines:
- General inquiries, Host Agreements, Board of Selectmen appointments: Doug Willardson, Town Administrator – 508-949-3800 x4000, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning, Special Permits, Development Team Appointments, Planning Board appointments: Ann Morgan, Director of Planning & Economic Development, 508-949-3800 x1002, email@example.com