- Boards & Committees
- Conservation Commission
- Obtaining a Wetlands Permit
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Process
- Notice of Intent Filing Instructions
Notice of Intent (NOI) WPA Form 3 Filing Instructions
- Hire a wetland scientist to flag the wetlands, streams, ponds, etc. (may not be necessary for lake Projects)
- Hire a surveyor/engineer/landscape architect to create a plot plan showing:
- Existing conditions (house, driveway, yard, trees, grading, topographic lines)
- Existing wetlands, 100-foot Buffer Zone, Riverfront Area, etc., 25 ft. no disturb setback and 50 ft. no build setback
- Proposed work (grading, construction, tree clearing, limit of work)
- Erosion controls, typically compost filter sock or straw wattles and silt fence, no haybales Include tracmat and turbidity curtain and oil boom if needed
- Location of 55 gallon spill kit (required for all projects in which machinery will be present)
- Location of stock pile
- Proposed stormwater management (typically required for new construction)
- Impervious calculations are necessary for lots in the Lake Watershed Protection District
- Plans must be stamped by a registered engineer
- Fill out a wetland application WPA form 3 Notice of Intent). This may be done by you or your engineer/wetland scientist
APPLICATION AND SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Completed WPA Form 3 (2 copies) - to Town of Webster, mail or hand deliver
- Detailed Plans (see above) (2 full size copies)
- Five 11 by 17 size (or smaller) copies of the plans for the site visit.
- Electronic copy of the forms and the plans. Electronic documents can be submitted via email or CD/USB format.
- Completed WPA Form 3 to MassDEP along with one set of the plans. Mail to:
- Mass DEP
- Central Regional Office
- 8 New Bond St.
- Worcester, MA 01606
- MassDEP will issue a file number when it receives an NOI
- Completed NOI Wetland Fee Transmittal Form - Submit one copy with payment to Town of Webster and mail one copy with payment to state. Mail to:
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Box 4062
- Boston MA, 02211
- Wetlands Consultant Fee of $1,000.00 (larger project) payable to the Town of Webster (Not necessary for smaller projects)
- Administrative Fee various ( payable to the Town of Webster)
- Public Hearing Notice will be prepared and submitted by the clerk - notice must be printed in the legal section at least 5 business days before the day of the Public Hearing Date.
- Notification of Abutters – Applicants filing a Notice of Intent must notify all abutters (any landowner within 100 feet of the property line by certified mail or Certificate of Mailing. Please contact the Assessors office to obtain a certified list. Please include a copy of the Abutter Notification form and Affidavit of Service in your application. You can hand deliver the notice and have your neighbors fill in our Evidence of Notification form available from the Conservation Office.
- Receipt of mailings must be provided on or before the Public Hearing – Applicant is responsible for mailing
- If a project is proposed within the estimated habitat of a rare wetlands wildlife species, proof that an application has been sent to the Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program (NHESP).