Planning & Economic Development
VISITING TOWN HALL / STAYING SAFE
- Please continue to call the office, use the Town Hall Drop Off Box (near the parking lot entrance), regular mail, and email to conduct as much business as possible.
- Appointments for project or application review are encouraged - please call the office or submit a request for appointment (CLICK HERE).
- Face Masks and Social Distancing required.
Thank you and stay safe.
Wherever you are, whether it is in Webster, another state, or elsewhere in the world, stormwater management is a crucial part of being environmentally responsible – both as a resident and as a commercial or industrial enterprise. Stormwater management simply refers to the management of surface runoff which results from rain or snow melt. Stormwater travels through a different system than wastewater and stormwater ultimately lands in local bodies of water such as the French River and Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.
The Town of Webster must implement specific policies and procedures to help reduce pollution in local waterbodies through a number of stormwater management tools including public outreach and education. Learn how you can be a part of the solution. CLICK HERE.
Learn more about various uses permitted in the Town of Webster including the local process for establishing various marijuana-related businesses.Other information includes:
- Important Public Notices
- Local Regulations
- Overview of Marijuana Uses Permitted by Local Zoning
- Zoning Map and Parcel Information
- Recreational Marijuana Retail Sales
- Local Process Guidelines & Key Contacts
- Current Marijuana Businesses located in Webster
The Webster Department of Planning and Development is committed to community-based planning that guides the future of the Town. It provides technical planning guidance and assistance to public and private entities in the areas of land use planning, zoning, economic development, as well as public outreach and engagement. The Department implements projects and programs designed to improve the economy, environment, and physical infrastructure of the Town. It is committed to providing dependable, cost effective, high-quality customer service while assisting the public in achieving their land use goals without compromising the ordinances of the Town of Webster.
STAFF SUPPORT to town boards
The Department provides staff support to the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals including all adminstrative functions (billing, meeting minutes), the intake of applications (processing, hearing notices, legal advertising), and the drafting and filing of decisions.