Dear Webster Voters,
The October Annual Town Meeting is coming at a continuing difficult and challenging time as we address the unique circumstances associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, we think it is important to share detailed information with voters about the plans and logistics for the 2021 Annual Town Meeting, which will be held Monday, October 18, 2021 at 7:00pm.
First and foremost, we want you to know that special Covid-19-related public safety measures and precautions are being put in place. A Town Meeting Officials have met with the overarching goal to do everything possible to conduct the meeting in a way that protects the health and safety of attendees, while at the same time upholding our high town meeting standards of participatory democracy.
The planning and organization for this year’s annual meeting is being done in collaboration with the Town Moderator, Town Administrator, Board of Selectmen, Town Clerk, Finance Committee, School Department, Town Health Agent, Police and Fire Chiefs.
Below is a summary of the specific steps being taken to help conduct the annual town meeting safely and efficiently:
- Meeting Venue: This year’s annual town meeting will once again be held in the Bartlett High School Gymnasium. This venue has been chosen because the gym provides the safest venue for conducting a gathering of this type and for guarding against the spread of Covid-19.
- Parking: The recommended parking area will be the Webster Middle School parking lot. You may enter from the High School on Lake Parkway or Poland Street. Officers will be there to direct you.
- Social Distancing: Safe social distancing measures will be followed for voter check-in and in the arrangement and spacing of chairs placed in the gym.
- Please follow instructions for registering once you arrive. Practice social distancing and wear your mask.
- Bartlett has a total of 200 chairs available to be set up for the meeting. Couples may sit together but please, no more than two family members sitting together.
- Face Coverings: Attendees will be required to wear a mask or other type of face covering inside the gym. If you do not have a mask one will be provided to you.
- Webster EMS: Will be on hand for screening as you enter the gym. They also will provide microphone and podium cleaning and disinfecting that enable the area to be sanitized after each speaker
- Handouts: Will be available on your seat.
- Meeting Efficiency: A number of steps will be taken to help facilitate a quick, efficient and orderly meeting.
Any questions regarding the plans for the annual town meeting are welcome. You can contact the Town Moderator Ted Avlas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Town Clerk Bob Craver at email@example.com. We recognize that this is a challenging time and understand that people are being careful and cautious about going out in public. Our hope is that the safety measures and precautions will give voters a comfort level about attending the annual town meeting.
Thank you and stay safe.